BK PLUS 21 - 11호웹진

참여대학생 수기

분자의과학협동과정 Wenting Li 참여대학원생

Through BK21Plus, My Dreams will be come true.

As a graduate student who studies in Korea far away from my own home, there have been many troubles waiting for me to overcome, not only the academic research, but also the daily life. However, BK21Plus provides me the opportunity to show my work to the world, to broaden my horizon, and to raise my competitiveness.

The ASCB (the American Society for Cell Biology) is an inclusive, international community of biologists studying the cell, the fundamental unit of life. It was my honor to be one of the recipients of graduate student travel scholarship for the 2013 ASCB meeting. Although I was excited when I was informed that my research work would be presented in the 2013 ASCB Annual Meeting, I was worried about the expensive fare that I couldn’t afford. Fortunately, the BK21Plus program supported my travel expense. In the ASCB annual meeting, there were so many famous scientists who showed their fantastic works, and I presented my project in the poster session. I was so proud to be there and learned the state-of-the-art scientific progress. I’m very grateful to the BK21Plus program for supporting me to attend the meeting.

There are many foreign graduate students in Korea and as far as I know, they all face the same problem as I did. I hope the BK21Plus program can help more students have their dreams come true.

본문